Thursday, August 23, 2012

Look BETTER Than a Celebrity

Fame! Fortune! and... Flawless Skin? Tuning in to E! News, watching the Real Housewives, and flipping through Glamour or Cosmopolitan while I wait in the check-out line, I can't help but envy the good looks of the stars of Hollywood! I catch myself scrutinizing the glowing face of the cover girl.

In movies, I always find it amazing (and slightly disturbing) how the leading lady wakes up with perfect hair, rosy cheeks, and sparkling eyes. It just isn't fair! I want to wake up looking naturally beautiful, or at least be able to fix up quickly when an unexpected guest drops by! So in order to achieve this aesthetic dream, I did some research. 

First, I needed to see if this Natural Beauty I envisioned was even attainable. Seeing pictures of the celebrities without makeup, and looking well...human, I couldn't help but feel a little bit better. Then I started to think of all the naturally beautiful women in my family, and strangers that I looked at a little too frequently in Starbucks because of their dewy, seemingly-flawless skin...there had to be ways to appear Naturally Beautiful! 

Step No. 1: Skin 

The Celebrity

Funny girl Cameron Diaz without make-up. Am I pointing out flaws-- No. Do I feel better about myself knowing that such a beautiful women suffers with acne flair-ups as I once did-- Yes. (At Least I'm Honest...)

It is nearly impossible to feel naturally beautiful when struggling to cover-up blemishes. Wearing your hair little differently to try and hide that zit, or praying there is dim lighting in the restaurant where you are about to meet...it's hard to be charming when you are worrying about how you look. 


You hear it in every regimen: Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize. If it were as simple as that, we would ALL have flawless skin. I've never been a "Brand Diva," but after trying multiple products (only to lose money and gain breakouts) I now believe when it comes to your skin, brand does matter. 


The Everyday Woman

Morgan Benzion. Is she a celebrity--No. Butttt she is without a doubt putting Cameron Diaz to shame in this Celebrity vs. Everyday Woman Au Naturale Face-off. Her secret--- Rodan + Fields UnBlemish Line.

The first step to being naturally beautiful, and more importantly feeling beautiful is clear skin. No amount of foundation, picking, or extracting will give you the confidence that clear skin does. 



STEP No. 2 COMING SOON.


To Stay Informed on upcoming posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment